LAC Children’s Ministry Safety Reopen Plan – Phase 2
(10:30 am Sunday Mornings, September 13, 2020)
Classrooms and Volunteers:
- We continue to need volunteers for a September 13 – December 27 (once a month) commitment.
- Room options to open (determined by number of volunteers committed per age group): Ministry for Toddlers through Grade 4
- Toddlers through Preschool (Maximum 10 Children Ages 1-3) – Volunteers: 3/week, 12/month.
- PreK and K (Maximum 15 Children Ages 4-K) – Volunteers: 3/week, 12/month.
- One Group Grades 1-4 (Maximum of 15 Children) – Volunteers: 2/week, 8/month.
- Weekly needs to open 8 teachers, 3 supervisors, 1 check-in person, 1 screener (13 each week).
- Possibility of having outside classrooms for Preschool through Grade 4 during nice weather.
- Classroom locations: Kids Zone Large Room, Middle School Room, Pre & K Room, Toddler Room (upstairs).
- Continue Online Children’s Messages for those children who cannot attend. Need of 4 teachers.
- Continue activity bags for children (These will be used in classrooms as well.)
- Classroom participation is optional, with adult church still available to all children in the Sanctuary or Fellowship Hall.
- Children Ages 2 and 3 will wear mask while moving about building and may remove masks when in their classroom.
- Children in Pre-K and K Room will wear masks when moving about and may remove masks, when instructed by teacher – i.e., when children are seated and appropriately social distanced (6 ft. apart).
- Children Grades 1-4 will wear masks when moving about and may remove masks, when instructed by teacher – i.e., when children are seated and appropriately social distanced (6 ft. apart).
- No snacks will be served, but water will be issued by adult volunteer only. Water bottles will be given to children only when needed. Hand sanitizing before drinking. Child should be socially distanced when taking off mask to drink.
- Volunteer guidelines posted in each classroom.
- Volunteers must be trained on classroom routine and guidelines (date and time to be determined).
- Constant monitoring/supervising of classrooms.
Check In/Pick Up:
- We encourage parents have their children sanitize their hands before starting the check-in process.
- We will have 6’distance markers (on floor) for families to stand at while waiting to check in.
- We will ask parents of each child being checked in the following 3 questions:
- Has your child had any of these symptoms in the last 24 hours that are new or unusual for them? (Meds last 48rs, Cough, Hard time breathing, Sore throat, Body aches, Loss of taste or smell, Diarrhea)
- Have you or your child tested positive, or had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or your child traveled to an area designated as high risk in the last 14 days? (See list.)
- If you answer “yes” to any of these questions your child will not be allowed into any children’s classroom.
- We will take temperature of each child with a touch-less thermometer before they can be checked in. Staff will check off that temp was taken for any child that does so.
- If your child has a temperature of 100.0 or greater. Staff will inform parents child cannot enter classrooms and that they will need to take the child home.
- Only volunteers will check in kids (not kids or parents) to limit touch. Name and parent labels issued.
- We encourage parents to take their children to the bathroom before dropping off child.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, and we encourage parents to apply it to each child’s hands upon entering and exiting classrooms.
- One parent should drop off and pick up child each Sunday to minimize traffic in Kids Zone and Foyer.
- Children in Prekindergarten through Grade 4 will be dropped off to a teacher/helper at the top of the steps of Kids Zone to manage distance and traffic flow in Kids Zone.
- We will have children in Prekindergarten through Grade 4 brought to parents in line for pickup in fellowship hall after the service. (Passes required for pickup.)
- There will be clear signage in the ministry area reminding and encouraging safe practices.
- We will ask volunteers being checked in the following 3 questions:
- Are you experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 that are new or not usual for you? (sore throat, congestion, runny nose not due to allergies, cough, shortness of breath, fever or chills, loss of sense of smell or taste or appetite, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea)
- Have you tested positive, or had contact with any person diagnosed with or under quarantine for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to an area designated as high risk in the last 14 days? (See list.)
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you will not be serving with the LAC Kids that day.
- We will take temperature of all volunteers with a touch-less thermometer before check-in.
- If any volunteer has a temp of 100.0 or greater, they will not be allowed to serve with LAC children that day and should go home.
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers will be checked in by Check-in volunteers to limit touch to pads.
Toddler/Preschool Room – Located upstairs off the Foyer (Windowed classroom):
- Volunteers will always wear masks.
- All small shareable toys are removed from the room to limit contact and the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in rooms to be used.
- Group size is not to exceed 10 children and 3 volunteers.
- Space play areas out within the room so we can encourage distance play.
- Parent can bring a diaper bag for a child (1 per family) Name tag on bag.
- Bathroom needs will be handled by parents, you will be notified by paging or texting.
- No outside toys from home are to be brought into the rooms.
- Posting on the wall to read: Children in This Room Will Be Held/Comforted.
- Individual play packets (disposable centers) will be made for each child.
Kids Zone – Located downstairs:
- Volunteers will always wear masks. Teachers may remove masks when giving instruction only if they are at least 6’ in distance from the group.
- Kids Zone will include two groups of children: One Group Pre-K and K and One Group of Grades 1-4.
- Group size is not to exceed 15 children and 2/3 volunteers.
- We will keep children of the same family in the same group.
- Social distancing and seated activities will be encouraged.
- Classrooms will remain static – no combining for larger group activities such as singing/worship or games/activities, unless you can maintain a 6`-social distance between children.
- No sharing of craft/activity supplies. Activity bags for each child will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in rooms to be used.
- Each room with be wiped down and disinfected and after each service.